Brief Introduction for the role:
- Prozo is looking for a Finance Controller to work on the company's accounting, financial reporting and compliance functions.
- Responsible for directing all aspects of the organization's financial operations
- Collaborate across multiple stakeholders and implement best practices in financial planning, budgeting, analysis and compliance. The candidate will thrive in a culture of accountability and transparency and be highly responsive to the needs of the organization. The individual will have exceptional attention to detail, but will also be a strategic thinker, excited by the opportunity to test ideas and lead projects that impact the company.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Build and maintain financial models, annual budgets, and rolling forecasts.
- Update and track operating indicators and financial metrics.
- Prepare variance analyses to identify and explain variances.
- Prepare quarterly/annual reporting to shareholders.
- Lead ad-hoc strategic projects and special analyses.
- Ensure the integrity of internal financial controls
- Define, benchmark, and implement financial best practices.
- Manage and advise on decision making regarding fundraising activities and stock transfers.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and oversee ESOP allocation.
- Manage the procurement of vendors and contractors including contract negotiations.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee company legal matters and intellectual property.
- Oversee company compliance with HR, tax, laws, and regulatory requirements.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Desired Candidate’s Profile:
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- CA/MBA with 2- 5 years of experience.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Thorough knowledge of financial modeling, budgeting, accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national/international regulations.
- Strong Excel and software experience (Quickbooks, BI tools, etc).
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations. Credible track record of meeting tight deadlines with accuracy, integrity, and a sense of calm with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- A self-motivated learner who contributes to a culture of excellence and lifts the performance of the entire team.
About Prozo: Prozo is a fast-growing e-commerce fulfilment company. We are a 6 year old & a 100 member profitable tech-company with offices at Noida, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata. We started our journey with the books category and are serving various international and domestic publishers for warehousing, technology, and fulfilment services. We are also serving many brands in other segments such as toys, food, retail health care, apparel and fashion accessories. The company was founded by Lieutenant Commander (Dr) Ashvini Jakhar in 2014, who is an alumni of prestigious institutions like AFMC-Pune, Indian School of Business, and McKinsey & Company. Our CTO, Mr Vaibhav Dhawan, who brings with him more than 14 years of technology experience, joined us 5 year ago. He loves to code and still spends the majority of his time in coding. Prior to joining Prozo, he has served in various organisations like Global Logic, SDG and EasyFix. He is an alumni of PEC, Chandigarh!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Prozo. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.