Role Overview: The Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing procurement strategies that optimize business partnerships with vendors across a broad array of products. In this high-visibility role, you will have direct responsibility for supplier selection, contract and price negotiations, vendor performance management, and problem resolution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Vendor Selection & Development: Identifies, on-boards, and develops suppliers appropriate to Prozo’s strate8 ok gic sourcing objectives. Conducts due diligence of suppliers before onboarding ,uses supplier performance management data and tools to drive supplier performance around quality, delivery, cost and continuous improvement.
- Contract & Negotiation: Manage contracts and negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.Executes fact-based negotiations that drive best total cost and ensure continuous supply for Prozo.
- Purchase Planning: Conceptualizes, develops, and implements procurement strategies in collaboration with stakeholders for assigned commodities that ensure supply and financial objectives are achieved.
- Purchasing of inventory (Funds transfer/escrow accounts management): Handle entire purchase cycle from Issuing a PO to receiving the products in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage Regulatory Requirements: Ensure sourced products are aligned with all relevant regulatory requirements with regards to sourcing/procuring of products from indian or international vendors.
- Manage return of defective inventory: Ensures and handles the returns of damaged goods according to the contracts .
- Standardise Procurement Process: Provide guidance to introduce new procurement processes and technologies to become more effective and compliant to internal policies.
- Team Building: Drive continuous improvement to create efficiencies and enhance level of skills and capabilities of the team
- Strong negotiator who uses knowledge-based-data-drive negotiating techniques.
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence and networking skills.
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to act independently to build consensus and drive change with little supervision
- Ability to develop actionable implementation plans
About Prozo: Prozo is a fast-growing e-commerce fulfilment company. We are a 6 year old & a 100 member profitable tech-company with offices at Noida, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata. We started our journey with the books category and are serving various international and domestic publishers for warehousing, technology, and fulfilment services. We are also serving many brands in other segments such as toys, food, retail health care, apparel and fashion accessories. The company was founded by Lieutenant Commander (Dr) Ashvini Jakhar in 2014, who is an alumni of prestigious institutions like AFMC-Pune, Indian School of Business, and McKinsey & Company. Our CTO, Mr Vaibhav Dhawan, who brings with him more than 14 years of technology experience, joined us 5 year ago. He loves to code and still spends the majority of his time in coding. Prior to joining Prozo, he has served in various organisations like Global Logic, SDG and EasyFix. He is an alumni of PEC, Chandigarh!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Prozo. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.