Our Mission: Prozo’s mission is to bring Amazon-like e-commerce fulfilment services to D2C (director to consumer) brands. Find more about us at www.prozo.com
Why Prozo? E-commerce companies like Amazon and Flipkart have gotten us used to get our orders delivered within 1-2 days at our doorstep! Also, there are more than 20 e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Bigbasket, Myntra, Snapdeal, Tatacliq, Nykaa, Ajio, Purplle, Grofer, 1 Mg, Pharmeasy, Healthkart & seniority etc. that brands are using to reach their customers. Over & above this, most of these brands are also trying to create a loyal customer base on their own e-commerce website. Add the complexity of traditional offline distribution in this supply chain and you have a very demanding supply chain at hand. In the near future, we are likely to see a wave of social e-commerce such as Facebook e-commerce, Instagram e-commerce, Google commerce, Glance e-commerce and so on!
Prozo offers technology & e-commerce fulfilment solutions to help brands succeed in such an ecosystem. As a part of our offerings, we offer
- full-stack technology solutions i.e. omni-channel order management system (OMS), integrations with all leading e-commerce platforms and a powerful WMS (warehouse management system) to simplify high-intensity warehouse operations.
- access to best-in-class warehousing facilities and e-commerce and offline fulfilment services
- Multi-channel distribution on various platforms
What does the Chief of staff (CoS) role mean at Prozo?
- This role is not an EA (Executive Assistant) role but instead, a senior management role where the CoS will work closely with the CEO to drive key agenda in the area of strategy, operations excellence, organisational design effectiveness, top-team built up, and corporate & investor communications. The CoS will be an advisor to the CEO in the key areas of business building. The CoS will report to the CEO directly. From the growth perspective, the CoS will move into a functional head/BU head role after a successful CoS stint. This Harvard article captures how we think about the role very well.
Who is an ideal candidate?
- Professionals with 6 years+ overall experience and a minimum of 4 years experience post-MBA from a tier 1 institution
- Preference for
- Professionals from consulting background
- Professionals having experience in working in a similar team/similar role (CoS)
- Professionals from startups in the supply chain domain/ e-commerce companies
- Professionals with previous experience in handling BUs independently
- Ex-founders - Yes, Dr Ashvini enjoys working with fellow founders!
Whom the CoS will be working with?
- You will be working with Prozo’s founder & CEO, Ex-Lieutenant Commander (Dr) Ashvini Jakhar. Dr Ashvini is known by his colleagues as an original thinker, sharp problem-solver, & fast decision-maker. He is highly analytical, detail-oriented and a fast-learner. His past experience as a Naval Officer & McKinsey & Company consultant gives him the much-needed skillset to build a large supply chain organisation. He is also a President of India awardee, wherein he was awarded for his services in Andaman & Nicobar during post-tsunami rehabilitation in 2006-07. He also led the medical teams from the front during the 26/11 Anti-terrorist operations by the Military. He has been a part of the finest institutions of India; Armed Forces Medical College-Pune, Indian Navy, India School of Business (ISB) - Hyderabad & McKinsey & Company before starting Prozo in 2015.
What you'll do:
- Business Strategy: Work on the co-creating medium and long term strategy of the company along with the CEO and other senior stakeholders.
- Implementation of strategy: Work with function teams (functional HoDs and their deputies) and ensure that the initiatives taken as a part of the strategic interventions are executed to the fullest extent and in a time-bound manner.
- Operations Excellence: Identify key business drivers and ensure process efficiency. Identify gaps and plan interventions.
- Special Projects: Plan & drive special/pilot initiatives along with the CEO that fit into the future business strategy.
- Team Building: Plan & optimise organisation structure and work with the CEO to strengthen the senior and middle management at Prozo. This would include working closely with talent recruiters as well as potential senior hires.
- Company level performance management: Plan & drive a comprehensive dashboard to measure & drive company-level performance, both on input and output parameters.
- Corporate & investor communication: Plan & drive effective communication with functional leadership teams and external stakeholders.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Contextual leadership
- P&L handling/analysis capability
About Prozo: Prozo is a fast-growing e-commerce fulfilment company. We are a 6 year old & a 100 member profitable tech-company with offices at Noida, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata. We started our journey with the books category and are serving various international and domestic publishers for warehousing, technology, and fulfilment services. We are also serving many brands in other segments such as toys, food, retail health care, apparel and fashion accessories. The company was founded by Lieutenant Commander (Dr) Ashvini Jakhar in 2014, who is an alumni of prestigious institutions like AFMC-Pune, Indian School of Business, and McKinsey & Company. Our CTO, Mr Vaibhav Dhawan, who brings with him more than 14 years of technology experience, joined us 5 year ago. He loves to code and still spends the majority of his time in coding. Prior to joining Prozo, he has served in various organisations like Global Logic, SDG and EasyFix. He is an alumni of PEC, Chandigarh!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Prozo. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.